Ryan Mallett fights critics of tall QBs
Arkansas QB looks to prove the effectiveness of power forward-sized passers
- Nelson Chenault/US PresswireRyan Mallett has to prove this season that he's ready for the NFL.
First thing's first: Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett is not 6-foot-7, as he has been listed by most media outlets since high school. He'd like you and the world (read: NFL scouts) to know he's only 6-foot-6. Really.
For a college quarterback looking to impress pro scouts, cracking that 6-foot-6 barrier can be a death knell. No matter how talented the prospect is, when scouts see a 6-foot-7 passer, they usually mutter, "Looks like Dan McGwire to me."
To find out why Ryan Mallett won't let the critics stereotype him, you must become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: September 06, 2010
Check out the content from ESPN The Magazine's September 06, 2010 issue -- the NFL Preview -- below.
- FANMATS Arkansas Razorbacks Football Mat
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider