Hot 100 list for 2006 features plenty of talent
It's time to check out Bruce Feldman's fourth annual preseason Hot 100 list.
This is a reflection of how I think the season will break, not just a reflection of past work. As always, I don't include punters or kickers (sorry Mason Crosby) or guys outside of 1-A football. I also left off a few guys due to injury status (most notably Arkansas' Darren McFadden).
2. Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn: Great arm. Great system. Great poise. Great fit. It's his Heisman to lose.
3. Mississippi LB Patrick Willis: A 4.46 forty guy who almost single-handedly made the Ole Miss D respectable last year. He led the nation in solo tackles last season, despite playing with a broken middle finger on his right hand, a sprained left knee, a sprained right foot and a partially separated shoulder.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim