Hot 100 list for 2006 features plenty of talent
It's time to check out Bruce Feldman's fourth annual preseason Hot 100 list.
- It's time for the fourth annual preseason Hot 100 list.
This is a reflection of how I think the season will break, not just a reflection of past work. As always, I don't include punters or kickers (sorry Mason Crosby) or guys outside of 1-A football. I also left off a few guys due to injury status (most notably Arkansas' Darren McFadden).1. Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson: He should go for 2,000 yards even behind a very suspect O-line.Andrew T. Malana/US PresswireAdrian Peterson will get his numbers, but will Oklahoma contend for the national title?
2. Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn: Great arm. Great system. Great poise. Great fit. It's his Heisman to lose.
3. Mississippi LB Patrick Willis: A 4.46 forty guy who almost single-handedly made the Ole Miss D respectable last year. He led the nation in solo tackles last season, despite playing with a broken middle finger on his right hand, a sprained left knee, a sprained right foot and a partially separated shoulder.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider