These players are poised for comebacks this season
These players missed parts or all of last season, but they're poised for big comebacks.
Updated: September 6, 2005, 10:37 AM ETBy Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game of football. Each season some of the nation's finest talent is lost to injury, but those teams that avoid the injury bug or are able to overcome injuries to top players often are among the last standing come the first week of January. The following is a look at 10 key players attempting comebacks in 2004, after missing time due to injury last season. In some cases (such as Nebraska TE Matt Herian), the player is attempting to return from a season-ending injury that required major reconstructive surgery. In other cases (such as Tennessee QB Erik Ainge), the player simply missed considerable time and is looking to rebound with a healthy season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt