Editor's note: ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr. begins his look at key players on Division I-A teams with his lists of the five most important players for each team in the Pac-10 (schools listed in alphabetical order).
height="50" align="right" border="0">
1. Senior RBs Mike Bell and Gilbert Harris Bell is the outside threat and the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Harris is the powerful inside option.
2. Junior WRs Syndric Steptoe and B.J. Vickers Steptoe is a 5-9, 170-pounder who doubles as a return man while JUCO transfer Vickers is a talented 6-3, 215-pounder.
3. Richard Kovalcheck, QB, so. Started the last five games of last season but missed spring practice after back surgery. His health will be a big key for the Wildcats.
4. Darrell Brooks, FS, sr. Back for his fourth year as the starter, the 6-1, 210-pounder is a leader on defense.
5. Sophomore CBs Antoine Cason and Wahry Two of the best young cover men in the conference.