Editor's note: ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr. continues his look at key players on Division I-A teams with his lists of the five most important players for each team in Big 12 North Division (schools listed in alphabetical order).
height="50" align="right" border="0">
1. Joel Klatt, QB, sr. A tough, smart player who took too many hits last season but will be an outstanding quarterback with better protection.
2. Lawrence Vickers, QB, sr. An outstanding blocker who also has good hands and running ability, Vickers will get a lot more touches this season.
3. Joe Klopfenstein, TE, sr. Can stretch the deep middle even at 6-foot-5½, 247 pounds, and has good hands to go with decent blocking ability.
4. Brian Iwuh, OLB, sr. A vicious hitter who is always around the ball, Iwuh is not big at 5-11½, 227, but is still one of the best defensive players in the Big 12.
5. Thaddaeus Washington, ILB, sr. A 5-11, 252-pounder who came on late last year and does a good job flowing to the football.