Five to watch from Big Ten teams
Illinois Fighting Illini
1. Tim Brasic, QB, jr. -- Had a very good spring in Ron Zook's system, where he had four or five wideouts and also ran some option. Is a good running quarterback and will also direct some no-huddle this season.
2. Derrick McPhearson, WR, fr. -- Signed with Florida a year ago before attending prep school, and the coaches think he can be a spectacular player this season.
3. Melvin Bryant, TE, jr. -- A good pass-catching tight end who had an excellent spring, he could as much as triple his 11 catches from last season.
4. Steve Weatherford, P, sr. -- Can boom the Illini out of trouble with his tremendous leg, and he has decathlon-type athleticism to boot. Averaged 45.5 yards last year.
5. Morris Virgil, FS, sr. -- A former running back entering his second year in the defensive backfield, Virgil is a physical player and the best athlete on the team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida St., Auburn set for BCS title game
- Non-BCS bowls: Mizzou-Okla. St., Wis.-S.C.
- Sugar: Bama faces Sooners in rare meeting
- Orange consolation prize for OSU, Clemson