USC hangover still affecting Arizona State
From turmoil at Arizona State to Heisman hype at UCLA to a quarterback change at Arizona, all the news in the Pac-10 is covered here.
Updated: October 27, 2005, 2:30 PM ETBy Ted Miller | Special to ESPN.com
- Arizona State once looked like one of the 10 best teams in the nation. No longer. After three consecutive defeats, the Sun Devils are hardly a lock for a bowl game. Following the shocking 45-35 defeat to Stanford -- at one point they trailed 45-7 -- players are pointing fingers at poor practices and a lack of intensity, while coach Dirk Koetter got slammed in the local media for admitting that he was "at a loss" as to what the problem was. A few weeks ago, Koetter was in line for a contract extension and raise. The drumbeat for that has subsided. "We've definitely hit a lull here," Koetter said. "Anytime you get in that situation, you're searching for answers. Momentum and confidence are things that come and go with the wind it seems like."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com