Eagles hoping for better result at home
From unhappy Clemson fans to BC's return home to North Carolina's challenge against Louisville, the ACC is covered here.
- Boston College's home debut in the ACC was ruined Sept. 17 by a well-executed fourth-quarter drive in which Florida State scored the go-ahead touchdown with nine passes in 10 plays.
The Eagles return home this weekend to seek their first league win in Chestnut Hill, Mass., facing a Virginia team that is battling injuries and inconsistency on defense. The Eagles lead the league in rushing defense and are well-suited to stop what the Cavaliers do best, which is running the ball.
Both teams need to win to remain in realistic contention for a division championship, but the Eagles have more reason to have a sense of urgency. Their loss to the Seminoles cost them the head-to-head tiebreaker if both teams end up with one league loss.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider