Clemens blossoms as Oregon's quarterback
From Kellen Clemens' impressive numbers at Oregon to USC's injury woes to a showdown between Cal and UCLA, all the news in the Pac-10 is covered here.
Updated: October 6, 2005, 1:15 PM ETBy Ted Miller | Special to ESPN.com
- Any doubts that Oregon's new spread offense would be a good change for senior quarterback Kellen Clemens should be gone by now. He's completed 65 percent of his passes and tossed 12 touchdown passes with just one interception. End of argument. "We're more productive than we've been for a long time," coach Mike Bellotti said. "It's really given him a chance to blossom as a quarterback." Clemens completed 22 of 29 passes for 393 yards and three touchdowns -- he also had his first interception in 162 passes -- in an easy win over Stanford. He also passed Chris Miller for third place on the school's all-time total offense list (7,114 yards).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com