Canes face early must-win situation
From a must-win test for Miami to Florida State's confidence heading into the BC game, the ACC is covered here.
Updated: September 15, 2005, 5:57 PM ETBy Doug Carlson | Special to ESPN.com
- Here's one more reason why Miami, loser of four of its last six ACC games, might not want to open the season against Florida State anymore: After losing to the Seminoles on Sept. 5, the Hurricanes already are in danger of watching their season implode. Unless Miami wins at Clemson Saturday, there's very little chance of being able to catch and overtake Virginia Tech in the ACC's Coastal Division (Miami plays at Virginia Tech Nov. 5). For that matter, UM -- which entered the season with national championship aspirations -- might not be able to overtake Georgia Tech or Virginia, either.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com