Hodges makes easy transition as Texas Tech QB
From an impressive debut by Cody Hodges to a wide-receiver revelation at Iowa State, it's all covered in the Big 12 notebook.
- Texas Tech apparently has found a new gunslinger in fifth-year senior quarterback Cody Hodges, whose pass-efficiency numbers outstripped any of his Tech predecessors in his first game.
Hodges ranks second nationally in pass efficiency after blistering Florida International for 454 yards and four touchdowns in the Red Raiders' 56-3 season-opening victory. His big game was even more remarkable considering it was his first start since playing for his hometown Hereford Whitefaces in the 2000 Texas high school playoffs.
"I really didn't have any idea how it would be, because it had been so long since I started a game," Hodges said. "But once I got out there, it felt like second nature for me. It was a good way to start the season."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Missouri Tigers Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider