Jackets look to avoid letdown
From Georgia Tech on letdown alert to NC State's big-game woes, the ACC is covered here.
Updated: September 8, 2005, 5:33 PM ETBy Doug Carlson | Special to ESPN.com
- This isn't the first time an unranked Georgia Tech team has defeated a ranked Auburn team, and it probably isn't as much of a surprise as it was two years ago, when the Yellow Jackets did it with a freshman quarterback. But coach Chan Gailey is hoping his team is better-prepared to take its convincing win over the Tigers and get on with the rest of the season than the last time, when Tech proceeded to lose its next two games. His message after the game? "Don't act like giddy schoolkids. It's a long season."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com