Selvin Young a Buckeye? It almost happened
A team-by-team look at the Big 12.
- Texas coach Mack Brown wasn't above using a little negative recruiting -- at least in a meteorological sense -- after learning that running back Selvin Young considered attending Ohio State rather than Texas during his recruitment."When I was recruited by Texas, I told Coach Brown of thinking about going to Ohio State," Young said. "He looked at me like I was crazy."
Brown, considered one of college football's master recruiters, had a quick comeback that made Young change his mind.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider