An intriguing number of mismatches
- This opening weekend has some terrific matchups for any college football fan. But seeing how Bowling Green will fare at Wisconsin and how Boise State will do at Georgia immediately draws your attention.
Bowling Green and Boise State are two of the great teams on the outside of the BCS. Last year, Utah cracked the BCS party, but Boise and Louisville, which were every bit as good, were left out. This year, Louisville has moved to the Big East and can print its own ticket to the year-end party, but Boise has the same old problem of trying to get respect. A win between the hedges is one pretty fast way of getting it.
We'll be watching that one closely, but mismatches are the ones we like the most this week. A much-improved Kansas team should roll over a depleted squad from Florida Atlantic, and Louisville is back to teach Kentucky another lesson about recruiting etiquette.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider