Team preview: Louisiana Tech
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2005 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of July 1, 2005)COACH AND PROGRAM
An off-season packed with coaching departures could be a sign of the pressure Jack Bicknell faces this season.
If he doesn't win, he could be out of a job.
He has changed defensive coordinators twice since last season -- losing Tim Rose to Toledo and replacement John Lovett to Bowling Green after spring ball.
Randy Bates, who has coached the secondary, cornerbacks and linebackers the last five seasons and was the co-defensive coordinator in 2003, takes over the defense.
"He is a guy who knows this program as well as anyone and who I've been through a lot of battles with on the field," Bicknell said. "He is a very good coach. I think this will work out for the best."
Bicknell actually lost two coaches after spring ball.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider