Team preview: Fresno State
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2005 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2005 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of July 1, 2005)COACH AND PROGRAM
Pat Hill has spent most of his career at Fresno State trying to live up to his own expectations.
Nobody is more aware of his failures in the WAC than Hill himself. Since the turn of the new century, the 53-year-old head coach has talked about taking it to another level and playing anybody, anywhere, anytime. That includes trips to Washington and Kansas State last year, to Oklahoma and Tennessee in 2003, Wisconsin and Oregon in 2002, Colorado in 2001 and Ohio State in 2000.
ESPN.com called it the most ambitious out-of-league schedule in the country, and nobody's arguing that assessment. Still, in his eight seasons in the WAC, Hill has only a share of the league title in 1999 to show for all his ambition.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Fresno State Bulldogs Cardinal Football T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider