Team preview: TCU
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2005 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2005 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of July 1, 2005)COACH AND PROGRAM
It's another year and another new conference for TCU.
As the ninth and newest member of the Mountain West in 2005, the nomadic Horned Frogs are now in their fourth league in the last 10 years: Southwest Conference (1923-95), WAC (1996-2000) and Conference USA (2001-04).
The Frogs have won three conference championships and three bowl games over the last seven seasons. In the last five years, they have posted three of the school's seven 10-win seasons. TCU didn't have a 10-win season between 1938 and 2000.
Head coach Gary Patterson has collected 32 victories in just four seasons at TCU. He needs two wins to move into the school's all-time top five behind Dutch Meyer (109), Abe Martin (74), Francis Schmidt (47) and Jim Wacker (40). His 32-17 record after 49 games is the best here since Meyer went 34-11-4 from 1934-38.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider