Team preview: Syracuse
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2005 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
Change is in vogue in Syracuse. After changing its nickname and logo last season, the school took a few more drastic steps in altering the face of its football program.
The sideline will look particularly different with the installation of FieldTurf at the legendary Carrier Dome, but it's the bodies that will be standing on that sideline that fans will notice most, and not because the Orange will be wearing newly designed uniforms (which the school unveiled June 1).
Syracuse athletics director Daryl Gross introduced Greg Robinson as the 27th head coach in school history on Jan. 11. Like the start of a new calendar year, Robinson's arrival brings unbridled optimism to a program that has been stuck in neutral the last three seasons.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- Clemson, Auburn to face off in 2016, '17
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Syracuse Orange 2014 Football Schedule Orange T-Shirt