Cavanaugh believes Palko can lead Pitt to title
Originally Published: April 20, 2005By Joe Bendel | Special to ESPN.com
Matt Cavanaugh raised the bar at the University of Pittsburgh in the '70s. He is the last quarterback to lead the Panthers to the national title and the last to orchestrate an undefeated season. Thirty years later, he's coaching a quarterback who has the same goals, the same abilities to raise that bar again. That's why Cavanaugh and Pittsburgh junior Tyler Palko were attached at the hip this spring, working endless hours to return the Panthers to glory.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Rutgers Scarlet Knights Mini Rubber Football