Hokies know expectations are higher this season
Last year, Virginia Tech was an afterthought in the ACC. Now, as defending conference champs, the Hokies have higher expectations.
Originally Published: April 15, 2005By Doug Carlson | Special to ESPN.com
- This time a year ago, Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer was finishing up spring football practice with no clear idea how his team inexperienced at several positions would fare in its first season in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The story is far different this week in Blacksburg, where the defending ACC champions play their spring game on Saturday.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com