Team preview: Georgia Tech
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college football season, exclusively on Insider.
There's an awful lot that's right with the Rambling Wreck, so why are folks picking Tech no higher than middle of the pack in the ACC this fall?
Well, a lot of that answer has to do with the ACC itself. Florida State is always near the top and now there's Miami and Virginia Tech to contend with, and Maryland and Virginia have eased into the picture in recent seasons -probably at Georgia Tech's expense.
Since finishing second in the league in 1999 and 2000 after tying for the title in 1998 Tech hasn't finished higher than fourth the last three years and really hasn't been much of a factor in the league race.
So welcome to Tech 2004.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Junior-Size Tailgater Football