Comparing TCU and Utah
How the non-AQ powers look nationally, and keys to their head-to-head tilt
Saturday's clash between the Utah Utes and TCU Horned Frogs, which both enter the game as top five teams in the BCS, may well be the biggest game in the history of the Mountain West Conference, past or future.
A berth in the BCS championship game could be at stake in Salt Lake City. The Auburn Tigers and Oregon Ducks are in position to claim those bids for now, but the TCU/Utah winner will be a strong replacement candidate if one should fall. Poll voters and BCS computers will be evaluating team resumes with a critical eye over the final weeks of the season.
Do TCU and Utah have what it takes?
For FBO's full take and argument on this game, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lunt: Gundy lifted restrictions, but too late
- Ex-PSU players support Paternos' lawsuit
- Navy to charge football players in rape case
- Sources: Southern Miss won't renew AD's pact
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation