Comparing TCU and Utah
How the non-AQ powers look nationally, and keys to their head-to-head tilt
Saturday's clash between the Utah Utes and TCU Horned Frogs, which both enter the game as top five teams in the BCS, may well be the biggest game in the history of the Mountain West Conference, past or future.
A berth in the BCS championship game could be at stake in Salt Lake City. The Auburn Tigers and Oregon Ducks are in position to claim those bids for now, but the TCU/Utah winner will be a strong replacement candidate if one should fall. Poll voters and BCS computers will be evaluating team resumes with a critical eye over the final weeks of the season.
Do TCU and Utah have what it takes?
For FBO's full take and argument on this game, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Brown says he is not stepping down at UT
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Wake Forest hires coach Clawson of BGSU
- Michigan St.'s Narduzzi wins Broyles Award
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Rawlings TCU Horned Frogs Signature Series Full-Size Logo Football