Looking at LSU vs. Auburn keys
What happens, historically, when a top offense meets a top defense?
The SEC West will be interesting down the stretch: three teams in the division (LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide) are among the top eight in the BCS standings. They all play each other between now and the end of November. If one squad can run the table, it would have a significant shot to make a BCS championship game appearance.
The first stage, this weekend, is LSU at Auburn. This is a classic matchup of elite defense (LSU) versus prolific offense (Auburn). With this type of matchup, who wins?
For the full breakdown here, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- CFP: First four unchanged, but Ole Miss falls
- Georgia's Gurley undergoes knee surgery
- Meyer's message: OSU better behave vs. U-M
- London to remain Virginia's coach in 2015