Cam Newton's Heisman rise continues
Auburn QB now holds Heisman Predictor lead over LaMichael James, DeMarco Murray
- US PresswireNewton, James and Murray -- all in nationally televised games this upcoming weekend -- are 1-2-3 in the Heisman Predictor standings.
It took us seven weeks, but we now have a legitimate Heisman front-runner as we round the midpoint curve of the season.
Auburn's Cameron Newton sits atop the Heisman Predictor standings for the second straight week -- but this time he has some breathing room. The Wisconsin Badgers dumped the Ohio State Buckeyes on Saturday night, so Terrelle Pryor -- No. 2 last week -- fell to No. 5. Newton now has a four-point lead over LaMichael James of the Oregon Ducks. A big phrase in college football this time of year is "controlling your own destiny." Newton does.
For the full breakdown and the standings, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider