Auburn-Alabama rivalry for Heisman
Heisman Predictor standings have Mark Ingram No. 1, Cam Newton No. 2
Mark Ingram wasn't exactly a new face in the Heisman Predictor standings, but he didn't appear in the 2010 versions until very recently. Every week, someone will rise as others fall.
This week's new face is Auburn quarterback Cameron Newton. The Florida transfer (he was once Tim Tebow's backup) has led Auburn to a 5-0 start, accounting for at least two touchdowns in each game. He enters the Predictor standings after throwing for a career-high 245 yards and three touchdowns against Louisiana-Monroe.
Newton debuts at second place in the standings, but he has a lot of work to do.
For the full breakdown and the standings, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-PSU prez seeks dismissal of criminal charges
- Harwell, nation's No. 2 WR in '11, off to Kansas
- Oregon releases additional docs in NCAA probe
- Lions launching Ford Field bowl, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation