For Ryan Mallett, a fatal five minutes
The end of the Alabama game was the end of the big quarterback's Heisman shot
Heisman Predictor runs on ESPN.com every Tuesday in the fall; this is a special Sunday edition focusing on the aftereffects of Saturday's Alabama-Arkansas game. The full edition will return on Tuesday, complete with points standings for the players involved in the 2010 Heisman discussion.
It's tough to win or lose the Heisman in September, but Saturday's Alabama Crimson Tide versus Arkansas Razorbacks showdown was a special game (the first top-10 contest in Fayetteville, Ark., in decades), and in a matter of minutes, Razorbacks QB Ryan Mallett went from being the overwhelming favorite to all but removing his name from the race.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks Hail Mary Youth-Sized Football