For the Broncos, it's time to dominate
The schedule can't be helped; Boise State needs to be historically elite
College football isn't supposed to have an air of inevitability about it; rather, unpredictability from week to week gives the game its drama.
It's likely that the top teams in major power conferences will suffer at least one loss; we don't know when or where, which underscores the unpredictability.
As for the Boise State Broncos, however, it almost seems inevitable they will run the table. They have a much better chance of doing so than most top teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. In fact, we can measure this.
To read more about Boise State's path to Glendale -- if it indeed exists -- you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-PSU prez seeks dismissal of criminal charges
- Harwell, nation's No. 2 WR in '11, off to Kansas
- Oregon releases additional docs in NCAA probe
- Lions launching Ford Field bowl, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Insider: Can Clemson win it all? | Louisville
• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation