For the Broncos, it's time to dominate
The schedule can't be helped; Boise State needs to be historically elite
College football isn't supposed to have an air of inevitability about it; rather, unpredictability from week to week gives the game its drama.
It's likely that the top teams in major power conferences will suffer at least one loss; we don't know when or where, which underscores the unpredictability.
As for the Boise State Broncos, however, it almost seems inevitable they will run the table. They have a much better chance of doing so than most top teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. In fact, we can measure this.
To read more about Boise State's path to Glendale -- if it indeed exists -- you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Washington hires Boise St. coach Petersen
- Gee approved as interim president at WVU
- Winston not charged in sexual assault case
- No. 19 Louisville survives Cincinnati in OT