For the Broncos, it's time to dominate
The schedule can't be helped; Boise State needs to be historically elite
College football isn't supposed to have an air of inevitability about it; rather, unpredictability from week to week gives the game its drama.
It's likely that the top teams in major power conferences will suffer at least one loss; we don't know when or where, which underscores the unpredictability.
As for the Boise State Broncos, however, it almost seems inevitable they will run the table. They have a much better chance of doing so than most top teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. In fact, we can measure this.
To read more about Boise State's path to Glendale -- if it indeed exists -- you need to be an ESPN Insider.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Clemson, Auburn to face off in 2016, '17
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- DE Simmons commits to Penn St. for 2016
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CFB content
- Nike Men's Boise State Broncos Blue Coaches Performance Polo