FBO: Nebraska in the new Big Ten
How will the Huskers fare in a deeper conference?
Now that the dust has mostly settled on conference realignment in 2010, we can take a look at the winners and losers.
The driving factor throughout the last few months has been money, of course. Nearly every team involved is counting on a handsome payday -- if not immediately, then at some point down the road.
But what is the effect of new conference affiliations on the football teams themselves? With the use of several unique Football Outsiders metrics, we can take a multifaceted approach to this question and determine which teams may benefit in their new conference homes. Up first: the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois
- Ex-Heisman winner Lujack OK after surgery
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Texas' decision to stay in the Big 12 has put conference expansion on pause -- for now. But it's a temporary solution. Pat Forde »