Winless teams come back strong
Originally Published: September 24, 2009By ESPN Stats & Information | Special to ESPN.com
1. USC's loss at Washington on Saturday shocked most people, but did you really expect the Trojans to go unbeaten in the Pac-10? In the past three seasons, only one of the 18 BCS automatic-qualifying-conference champions (Ohio State in 2006) was undefeated in league play. And those expecting the winner of this Saturday's Miami-Virginia Tech game to become a permanent fixture in the BCS title chase should be aware that no team has run the table in the ACC since 2000, the longest drought among the 11 FBS conferences.
Last Champion Unbeaten in Conference Play
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme