FBO: Powering up in the Big Ten
A change in scheduling could make the conference stronger
The Big Ten has 11 member teams -- not enough to split divisions and host a championship game and too many for round-robin scheduling. Is it a big deal?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 College Football Preview
Will Florida repeat as BCS champion? Which teams will surprise? Who'll walk away with the major awards? ESPN.com's 2009 college football preview has the answers.