FBO: Powering up in the Big Ten
A change in scheduling could make the conference stronger
The Big Ten has 11 member teams -- not enough to split divisions and host a championship game and too many for round-robin scheduling. Is it a big deal?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson pleads no contest in scooter theft
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 College Football Preview
Will Florida repeat as BCS champion? Which teams will surprise? Who'll walk away with the major awards? ESPN.com's 2009 college football preview has the answers.