Big 12 divisional analysis
Dallas will likely decide the title twice -- in October and December
Last fall, the two best teams in the Big 12 clashed on a neutral field. Each team was ranked in the top-five, the capacity crowd was split 50-50, and conference supremacy awaited the victor. That's the idea, at least, for staging a conference championship game in December.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 College Football Preview
Will Florida repeat as BCS champion? Which teams will surprise? Who'll walk away with the major awards? ESPN.com's 2009 college football preview has the answers.