Georgia tops early enrollee rankings
Michigan, South Carolina trail Bulldogs in spring impact arrivals
When signing day ends, attention then turns to which players can help out right away. That question usually pertains to recruits' impacts come August. But for some teams, early enrollees have already arrived, and we'll get a glimpse this spring. Here are our top 10 class rankings, based only on who's on campus right now.
1. Georgia: With QB Matthew Stafford gone, senior Joe Cox is the likely starter. But the Dawgs were the only school to sign two top-10 quarterbacks, and both are already enrolled. Aaron Murray, our No. 3 quarterback, and Zach Mettenberger (No. 9), will push Cox this spring. Murray has the 2009 quarterback class' best, fastest release, and Brett Favre-type moxie. Mettenberger is more of a pocket passer -- but he's a tremendous pocket passer. The Dawgs' third early enrollee, lineman Dallas Lee (our No. 15 guard), could play on either side of the ball. Coaches will at least have the spring to figure it out. We like the physical brawler more on offense. (Full Class)
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- Bowl dispels rumors, 'no doubt' about Duke