Early enrollees are fueling SEC success, especially at Florida
Originally Published: February 23, 2009By Josh Cooper | Special to ESPN Insider
Of the 22 football players who enrolled at Florida during their spring semesters of high school from 2004-08, one immediately comes to mind for former Gators offensive coordinator Dan Mullen as a success story.It's not the most obvious choice -- Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Tim Tebow enrolled in the spring of 2006 before his freshman year -- but instead a lesser-known player who didn't have much hype and immediately plugged a hole.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- LSU's Lealaimatafao hurts arm punching glass
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Auburn Tigers Blue Football Tech Performance T-Shirt