Team preview: Oregon
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2008 Oregon Ducks, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2008 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of June 20, 2008)COACH AND PROGRAM
For a football program that changes uniforms more often than the Pep Boys change tires, the coaching staff remains surprisingly, well, uniform. Head coach Mike Bellotti enters his 14th season in Eugene and brings back all of his assistant coaches from 2007, the first time in four years without any turnover. Why mess with a good thing? Bellotti is 106-52 at Oregon and has led the program to 11 bowl appearances in 13 years. He has won two Pac-10 championships and is one of only six coaches in conference history to win 100 games at one school. Why leave? The winningest coach in the 112-year history of the program earned just more than $1.9 million last season in salary, incentives and bonuses. In May, he agreed to a contract amendment that bumped his paycheck by nearly $400,000. He's not making Phil Knight money, but at least he's in Pete Carroll's neighborhood.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider