Team preview: Arkansas State
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2008 Arkansas State Indians, exclusively on Insider.
Originally Published: July 3, 2008Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2008 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of June 20, 2008)COACH AND PROGRAM
Highs, lows and near misses comprised an inconsistent season for Arkansas State in 2007. The Red Wolves -- formerly Indians -- started things off with a near miss at Texas and closed with another narrow loss at Southern Miss. Everything in between was a roller-coaster ride. Corey Leonard established himself as one of the top players in the league while Reggie Arnold cemented his position as one of the best running backs in the Sun Belt. The defense was stocked with six players who had been starting since they were freshmen. But somehow, Arkansas State couldn't put it all together.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com