South Florida's loss opens up Big East title race
Updated: October 31, 2007, 3:27 PM ETBy Joe Starkey | Special to ESPN.com
- They're running on the Bulls. Rutgers and Connecticut sure did, anyway, combining for 329 yards rushing in victories that have sent South Florida (6-2 overall, 1-2 Big East) plummeting from No. 2 in the BCS standings all the way to No. 18 going into Saturday's must-win game against visiting Cincinnati (ABC, 3:30 p.m. ET). "We've got to play better defense, certainly," coach Jim Leavitt said.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Rutgers Scarlet Knights Mini Rubber Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com