Miami, FIU expected to just play football Saturday
Updated: September 13, 2007, 4:40 PM ETBy Jorge Milian | Special to ESPN.com
Miami and Florida International will meet Saturday (3:30 p.m. ET, ESPNU), but no one expects the game to devolve into the mess that occurred last season when the teams brawled, resulting in mass ejections and suspensions. The two neighborhood schools considered not playing this season but decided to honor the second game of a two-year contract. "I'll simply say that we're pleased to be playing the game," Miami athletic director Paul Dee said. "I think it's important to play the game and to not have avoided the challenge that comes with playing the game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt