Could a QB controversy be budding at Oklahoma State?
Updated: September 12, 2007, 11:30 PM ETBy Tim Griffin | Special to ESPN.com
Oklahoma State quarterback Bobby Reid was expected to emerge as one of the Big 12's most versatile performers this season.
But after struggling in a season-opening loss at Georgia, Reid twisted his ankle against Florida Atlantic. Backup Zac Robinson completed 14 of 20 passes for 250 yards and three touchdowns to help spark the Cowboys' 42-6 victory. Most impressively, Robinson directed touchdown drives of 77, 78, 77 and 67 yards. In the 11 plays before Reid left the game, the Cowboys gained 3.5 yards per snap as Reid completed 2 of 5 passes for 5 yards.
Dwain Scott/WireImage.comZac Robinson played well last season when filling in for Bobby Reid.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Missouri Tigers Black #15 Football Game Jersey