Winning at Auburn didn't launch South Florida into the polls
Updated: September 12, 2007, 10:40 AM ETBy Joe Starkey | Special to ESPN.com
What does South Florida have to do to crack the national polls? A monumental, 26-23 overtime victory at No. 17 Auburn didn't do it, even though USF outplayed the Tigers and would have won in regulation if not for four missed field goals. Incredibly, Auburn still has more votes than USF (131 to 115) in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- Bowl dispels rumors, 'no doubt' about Duke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cincinnati Bearcats #1 White Replica Football Jersey