Tennessee's Mitchell cleared to play after blackout scare
Updated: September 6, 2007, 5:19 PM ETBy Ron Higgins | Special to ESPN.com
- It was late in the Tennessee-Cal season opener Saturday, and the Vols were desperately trying to keep the Golden Bears out of the end zone. Tennessee defensive end Xavier Mitchell pursued a ball carrier around the right end, lowered his head as he dove into a crowd and then Nothing but black.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com