Team preview: Kentucky
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2007 Kentucky Wildcats, exclusively on Insider.
In November of 2005, The Sporting News published a pithy table of coaches riding the hottest seats. At that juncture, Rich Brooks was 8-22 at Kentucky, with two SEC victories in almost three full seasons. Summarizing Brooks' fate for 2006, the article bluntly stated, "Fired and retired." Revenge is best served cold, but it is also best served in a bowl. Not only did Brooks survive for a fourth season in the Bluegrass, but he unleashed a rollicking offense that anchored the Wildcats' best season in 22 years. For the first time since 1984, UK won eight games in a season and a bowl game to boot, icing Clemson 28-20 in the Music City Bowl.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Kentucky Wildcats Replica Football