Team preview: Kentucky
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2007 Kentucky Wildcats, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2007 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of June 20, 2007)COACH AND PROGRAM
In November of 2005, The Sporting News published a pithy table of coaches riding the hottest seats. At that juncture, Rich Brooks was 8-22 at Kentucky, with two SEC victories in almost three full seasons. Summarizing Brooks' fate for 2006, the article bluntly stated, "Fired and retired." Revenge is best served cold, but it is also best served in a bowl. Not only did Brooks survive for a fourth season in the Bluegrass, but he unleashed a rollicking offense that anchored the Wildcats' best season in 22 years. For the first time since 1984, UK won eight games in a season and a bowl game to boot, icing Clemson 28-20 in the Music City Bowl.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats Blue Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider