Team preview: Boise State
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2007 Boise State Broncos, exclusively on Insider.
Boise State coach Chris Petersen set the bar impossibly high in his first season running his own program. Petersen led the Broncos to a 13-0 record, a win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and a No. 5 ranking in The Associated Press Top 25. He won the Bear Bryant Award and became the first coach to go 13-0 in his first season since Walter Camp in 1888. He earned a new contract worth $4.25 million over five years, a 70 percent annual raise. "It's unbelievable. It's amazing. It's embarrassing in some ways," Petersen said of his new deal. "It is what the market is paying out there. I really am humbled and just appreciative of this whole thing."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
- Attorney: Ex-Vandy player only took photos
- UNC, Wake Forest agree to non-ACC series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Boise State Broncos 'bronco Nation' Vizio Fiesta Bowl Bound Blue T-shirt