Team preview: Arizona
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2007 Arizona Wildcats, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2007 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of June 20, 2007)COACH AND PROGRAM
What began as a seemingly harmless question has Arizona fourth-year coach Mike Stoops three minutes into a fiery diatribe. Why wasn't Arizona invited to a bowl game last season? It's hard to debate that the Wildcats weren't among the top-64 teams in the country. They were the only team in the coun-try to beat BYU in regulation, defeating the Cougars, 16-13, in the season-opener. They ended Cal's eight-game winning streak with a 24-20 victory on Nov. 11. The Bears were ranked No. 8 nationally entering the contest. And a week after that, Arizona absolutely manhandled Oregon, 37-10.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider