A look around the Big 12
How did Oklahoma recover to win the South Division? Why could Texas face a tumultuous January? Our Big 12 notebook addresses those questions and much more.
Maybe the 4-8 Bears should apply for membership in the North Division. After an unprecedented 3-0 record against North teams punctuated by a wild triple-overtime win at Colorado, the Bears should have been excited about their first bowl trip since 1994.
Instead, a disappointing 1-3 nonconference record that included close losses to bowl-eligible teams Washington State and TCU and a home loss to Army doomed them. And an 0-5 mark against the South Division forced a return trip to the South cellar after finally escaping it in 2005.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Ex-Heel Ramsay: Suit filed to improve education
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Gold Football Practice Legend T-shirt