A look around the Big 12
How did Oklahoma recover to win the South Division? Why could Texas face a tumultuous January? Our Big 12 notebook addresses those questions and much more.
- How did Oklahoma recover to win the South Division this season? Will Gene Chizik help Iowa State return to prominence in 2007? Why could Texas face a tumultuous January? Our Big 12 notebook addresses those questions and much more.
Maybe the 4-8 Bears should apply for membership in the North Division. After an unprecedented 3-0 record against North teams punctuated by a wild triple-overtime win at Colorado, the Bears should have been excited about their first bowl trip since 1994.
Instead, a disappointing 1-3 nonconference record that included close losses to bowl-eligible teams Washington State and TCU and a home loss to Army doomed them. And an 0-5 mark against the South Division forced a return trip to the South cellar after finally escaping it in 2005.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider