West Virginia back in Big East race
UConn's double-overtime victory against Pitt and the countdown to the Mountaineers' matchup with Rutgers highlight this week's Big East notebook.
WVU never got on track in a 16-13 loss late in the 2004 season. Part of the reason for that, says senior center Dan Mozes, was a wet, sloppy field.
"That definitely hurt us, took away from the speed of the team," Mozes said. "The weekend before that, there were four high school games on that same field."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Rutgers Scarlet Knights Coaches Performance Scarlet Polo