West Virginia back in Big East race
UConn's double-overtime victory against Pitt and the countdown to the Mountaineers' matchup with Rutgers highlight this week's Big East notebook.
WVU never got on track in a 16-13 loss late in the 2004 season. Part of the reason for that, says senior center Dan Mozes, was a wet, sloppy field.
"That definitely hurt us, took away from the speed of the team," Mozes said. "The weekend before that, there were four high school games on that same field."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Syracuse Orange Game Time Full-Size Football