Miami mourns loss of team leader
Wake Forest's success, Boston College's Atlantic Division title hopes and Clemson's sluggish scoring highlight this week's ACC notebook.
The Hurricanes (5-4, 2-3 Coastal) were back on the practice field less than 24 hours after finding out Pata was the victim of an apparent homicide outside his apartment complex.
"The players expressed the opinion they wanted to do what they felt Bryan Pata would want to do," Coker said of the decision to practice this week and play Saturday. "I think it's the right decision. I think it's a situation where the more we move forward, the better. The easy thing is not to play and withdraw, but that's not the right thing to do."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- FSU's Wilson pleads no contest in scooter theft
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt