No offense: Leach just trying to help defense
Updated: November 9, 2006, 8:06 PM ETBy Tim Griffin | Special to ESPN.com
• Texas Tech coach Mike Leach said he has no second thoughts about a controversial coaching challenge late in his team's 55-21 victory over Baylor. Leach called for a review with 2:05 left after Victor Hunter forced a fumble when he tackled Baylor's Ernest Smith. Field officials called Smith down, but the replay indicated that Smith had fumbled. "The biggest thing is, our defense has worked really hard to get turnovers," Leach said. "I thought it was appropriate that we get the ball back, because I think they needed to be rewarded for their effort. They earned it."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- CFP: First four unchanged, but Ole Miss falls
- Georgia's Gurley undergoes knee surgery
- Meyer's message: OSU better behave vs. U-M
- London to remain Virginia's coach in 2015