Rutgers stands in Louisville's path to BCS title game
Connecticut, Pitt and Syracuse's struggles and the Rutgers-Louisville showdown highlight this week's Big East notebook.
You can tell that because the seating capacity at Rutgers Stadium has been expanded, from 41,500 to about 50,000 for the game. Or you simply can listen to Rutgers players describe the circus-like atmosphere at practice, as the No. 15 Scarlet Knights (8-0 overall, 3-0 Big East) prepare to face the No. 3 Cardinals (8-0, 3-0).
A ranked Rutgers team has never faced a ranked opponent.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Syracuse Orange Hail Mary Youth Football