Tennessee turns to Plan B with Ainge injured
From Arkansas' improvement to Florida's national title hopes, ESPN.com runs through all the important story lines in the SEC.
In this case, Plan B has been redshirt freshman Jonathan Crompton, who has received most of the first-team work heading into the weekend showdown with LSU.
"We're working our thought process around what [Crompton] can do," Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer said following Wednesday's practice. "We certainly know what Erik can do. We're far enough into the season, if he can go or go some or go a lot who knows how all that's going to work out? It might be a benefit for us to have a couple [quarterbacks]."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Plea for Sooner accused of striking woman
- FSU's Williams subject to Title IX investigation
- Former Iowa St. coach Stapleton dies at 93
- NCAA: Gurley must sit out two more games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers Navy Sec Champions Tiger Football Long Sleeve T-shirt