Tennessee turns to Plan B with Ainge injured
From Arkansas' improvement to Florida's national title hopes, ESPN.com runs through all the important story lines in the SEC.
- Tennessee has focused on Plan B for much of this week while junior quarterback Erik Ainge tries to recover from a high ankle sprain suffered in the Vols' 31-24 victory over South Carolina on Saturday.
In this case, Plan B has been redshirt freshman Jonathan Crompton, who has received most of the first-team work heading into the weekend showdown with LSU.
"We're working our thought process around what [Crompton] can do," Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer said following Wednesday's practice. "We certainly know what Erik can do. We're far enough into the season, if he can go or go some or go a lot who knows how all that's going to work out? It might be a benefit for us to have a couple [quarterbacks]."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider