Bobcats blazing new trail
From Ohio turning its season around to Notre Dame extending its streak, the non-BCS and independents are covered here.
- The calendar read Oct. 1, and Ohio's once-promising season suddenly had reached a crisis state.
After a 2-0 start that included a win at MAC favorite Northern Illinois, Ohio dropped three straight games. Two of the losses came against eventual Top 25 teams (Rutgers and Missouri). The other was tougher to digest, a 21-9 spanking by Bowling Green at home.
But Ohio's on-field failure hardly compared to the public relations flogging it took after The Columbus Dispatch revealed that 17 football players had been arrested in Athens County since Jan. 1.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider